Senior Data Engineer - London - 'Sponsoring TIER 2 VISA' - £60-£80k (multiple roles)
Streamhub is a London startup building a Saas platform for online video analytics. Our customers entrust us with their online TV & video streaming data, where we process billions of data points to profile, target and grow their audiences and revenue.
You will play a key role in our Core Analytics team joining as a Senior Data Engineer. You will deal with engineering challenges to build and manage the data pipeline, processing terabytes of data every week! You will apply your knowledge and experience to support and scale our existing analytics solution to the increasing customer base while continuously exploring and adopting the newer technologies to build strong technical foundations to grow the company.
Qualifications - You are:
- Passionate about growing data.
- Experienced as a data engineer and developing production-level analytics, building data pipelines, and automation.
- Knowledgeable in functional and OO programming concepts. Expert in Scala, Java or Python.
- Experienced in Apache Spark.
- Experienced in Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch or any other NoSQL database, including operations.
- Experienced in streaming solutions and real-time analytics solutions.
- Proven experience working on AWS analytic stack - EMR, Kinesis, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Athena, Redshift.
- Passionate about growing data - yes, again! Because your passion for dealing with growing data challenges is the why you are Data Engineer for this job.
Why you should join us?
- A true 'big data company' – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. Our platform generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every hour.
- Grow your knowledge – Build your knowledge as you go. Our product ranges through features touching many different technologies and we are working every day towards a better solution to be able to handle this range in a scalable and cost-effective fashion.
- Opportunity knocks, often – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! With lots of opportunities for development and clear product vision, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Culture runs in our blood – We are a small but dynamic team working together in a transparent way and helping each other work towards a common goal. We believe in the benefits of collaboration, diversity, 'no bullshit' attitude and that positive changes can only take place through the understanding of an organization’s culture.
Our Technology 'Keywords'
Analytics - Scala - Java - Apache Spark - Kinesis - Kafka - AWS big data stack - Cassandra - MongoDB - Elasticsearch - Angular - DMPs - Clickhouse - Streaming - NodeJS - Apache Nifi - Serverless - Python - Akka - Lambda - Kibana - Unix - Look-alike-modeling - Prometheus - Grafana - AWS monitoring tools - Athena - Luigi - Ansible - StepFunction - Pub-sub - Docker - Data lake - AdTech
- Full-time employment
- Salary: circa £60-80K
- Shares: up to 1% FTE share options
- Start time: July 2019 - Sep 2019 or asap.
- Great kit, cool office space, plenty of self-learning resources.
We offer VISA sponsorship for non-UK nationals with exceptional fit to the position as part of the package.